ENTRY FOR GHANA TEACHER PRIZE 2019
The Ghana Teacher Prize is open to both private and public school teachers at the pre-tertiary level, teachers on part-time basis and voluntary teaching service are also eligible as well as teachers of online courses, and equal opportunity shall be given to all deserving teachers.
Eligible Teachers should therefore:
a) have taught for a minimum of five years;
b) have shown innovativeness and creativity in the teaching and
c) have made efforts to upgrade their academic and professional qualifications;
d) have made significant impact in the community and are looked upon as opinion leaders;
e) have been well informed especially about educational policies and issues;
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF NOMINEES
Applicants must be assessed based on the following criteria:
● Recognition of a teacher’s achievements in the classroom and beyond from pupils, colleagues, head-teachers or members of the wider community.
● Employing innovative and effective instructional practices
● Achieving demonstrable student learning outcomes in the classroom.
● Preparing children to be global citizens in a world where they will encounter people from many different religions, cultures and nationalities.
● Achievements in the community beyond the classroom that provide unique and distinguished models of excellence for the teaching profession and others.
● Encouraging others to join the teaching profession.
Based on the competency-based criteria, nomination of teachers can be done by the following:
c. PTA of a school
d. group of pupils/students